Friday, October 29, 2010

Updating my status

Yesterday I received a registered letter from the Discalced Carmelite provincial stating that he is now ready to move my case forward to the Fr. General. When this has happened in the past, it has gone nowhere, but I think there is a fair chance this time they may actually make a decision. I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

Meanwhile, those of you who know Fr. Steve Payne, there is this news. He recently learned that his book (basically his doctoral dissertation) was listed in an article in a professional journal as among the top theological books of the past 25 years. Pretty cool stuff! If I recall correctly, I even earn an undeserved honorable mention is his book. Of course, I dedicated my Gratian book to Steve, so that is my much humbler repayment. Hearty congratulations to him for work very well done! It is good to see it recognized.

No comments: