Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Candy time

I started making candy today for gift giving. Most years I put together small packages of homemade fudge and other candies to give to our neighbors. Normally I use dark chocolate and make two or three kinds of fudge -- plain; with walnuts; and maybe one with a touch of peppermint. I add a couple of other things for color and variety. Today I experimented with almond cashew clusters, which taste pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped. And they don't look all that different from fudge, which is what Tom thought they were.

I also made cherry almond bark, which is colorful as well as tasty. That's it in the photo. I want to get these done, packed and distributed this weekend. Friday (December 6) is the feast of St. Nicholas, which would be perfect, but I work Thursday and have appointments on Friday. So it will probably be the weekend before I get it done.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

YUMMMMMM...it's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas!!! That white with the pretty colors looks so FESTIVE!!!!!!