Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dashing through the snow

This morning I finished up with the candy packages for the neighbors. The candy turned out okay, but the Christmas bows we bought to decorate the containers would not stay on, not even with tape. So much for getting fancy-shmancy!

One set of neighbors had dropped in for a chat and some coffee, so they got theirs right away. It began to snow late in the morning, and I took the other packages around in early afternoon. There was not that much snow, less than an inch, but the road was a bit slick.  I was able to deliver all the gifts I took except for one. That neighbor was not home, and I thought if I left the box by her door, animals were more likely to get it than she was. So that one will have to go later in the week. I did not deliver any to the people building the house next door, either. They have four kids, and I am putting together a more substantial offering for them. I expect a thank you note from the family dentist.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Wow, Michael!! Such a GREAT neighbor!!!
I'm better at baking and bringing my stuff into my and Paul's workmates.