Monday, December 16, 2013

Michael's Monday

Woke up to zero degrees and a forecast of one to three inches of snow later in the day. Checked seven-day forecast. Looks like light freezing rain on Thursday but okay for leaving for Texas on Friday. Should be okay all the way until I run into thunderstorms in Texas itself on Saturday.

Took the car to get an oil change and a check-up for my trip. All is well. Tip of the hat to Lee for reminding me, although I had already done it. Great minds think alike.

Made a list of things I have to remember to pack for the trip.

Left myself a note on my bulletin board to remember to renew a prescription in time to pick it up to take with me. (I can't call in a renewal until tomorrow or Wednesday.)

Put together some handouts for a presentation this afternoon for a small writers' group at St. Cecilia Catholic Church. (NB: not a small writer's group -- it is the group, not the writers who are small.)

Took down an old shower curtain, cleaned shower stall and installed new shower curtain. Lucy and Arman will be using my room over Christmas, and they and other guests will also use the adjacent bathroom. I will clean the rest of the bathroom up on Thursday.

Put in time on the stationary bike.

Read a lot of email, mostly last-minute Christmas ads.

Responded to a couple of comments on an earlier post on why one writes.

Played games on the tablet to get my mPoint total up. Should be able to redeem points for a $5 card on Amazon tomorrow.

Did enough searches using Bing to get those points up, too. Tomorrow should also be able to redeem Bing points for another $5 Amazon card.

On another note, the dark-eyed juncos arrived from Canada today, just in time for the afternoon snowfall. They are a sure sign of winter up here. They look like feathered Dominicans, fluttering around the base of the bird feeder.



2 comments:

Sunny said...

Dangggggggg....Busy day!! I think maybe a nap is in order!!!

Michael Dodd said...

You may have seen the t-shirt: "Tired? There's a nap for that."