Friday, June 22, 2007

Another quiet day

The air conditioning folks came this morning about the time I took off for work. The last one left around 3:00. I understand that all that remains is for the electrician to show up and hook some things up.

Tom took Helen and Lucy to visit the International Crane Foundation this afternoon. I hung around until the air conditioning guys left and talked on the phone with a friend who moved from California to Katy, Texas last week. He will be starting at the University of Houston in the fall.

Rusty sent me a few pictures from their trip to Cabo San Lucas and San Jose. I particularly liked this one of him with Janet. He also sent a photo he had taken outside a church showing a picture of the local natives killing the first priest to come to the area. He warned me not to wear my collar if I ever visit there.

Oh, well. I can't really afford a vacation anyway.

On the local news front, the Baraboo-Dells Airport Commission just approved colors for the upcoming snow removal building. The newspaper reports, "After considerable discussion, the commission chose tundra, a light gray, for the building color and polar white for the trim and roof." Considerable discussion and they came to light gray and white trim? Went out on a real fashion limb, there, guys!

No comments: