Friday, June 1, 2007

Birds, etc.

When I was having my morning coffee, I saw the first bluebird of the year in the back yard. Peggy and Rich have a bluebird box, but she told me this year it has been taken over by swallows. Since bluebirds are supposed to return to the same nesting site year after year, it made me wonder if they are a bit late this year. They are considered a summer bird in Wisconsin, and can be found all over. At one time bluebirds had all but disappeared from the state, but apparently enthusiasts were able to bring them back with lots of nesting boxes and meal worms. Nummy!

Saw some of the day lilies in bloom. They are very short and may even be some of the ones I brought back from Mama and Daddy last month.

Did I mention flies in my latest critter report? They have begun to share the house with us again. Flies drive me crazy. Tom thinks they are one of life's little annoyances to ignore. If I can just convince them to stay at his end of the house and out of my space, I'll be willing to go along with him on that.

No comments: