Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Job hunters!

Although there are lots of things I like about living in Wisconsin, I have to admit that I left a much better employment situation in Chicago -- well, except that the people I worked for were getting ready to fold up their tents and disappear, of course. But looking for a job around here is not at all like looking for a job in The Big City. So even though I am okay work-wise, I still keep an eye out for opportunities that might be a better fit.

In looking through the listings today, I ran across this little gem

Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort
Job Description: Wear Mascot uniform (Monte Moose). Greet guests, especially the children as they go into restaurant and lobby area. Must be a people person, enjoy the resort/family atmosphere. Uniform is very warm, so must be able to tolerate wearing this uniform.
Okay, could you tolerate wearing that uniform even if it were cool? And cool, it is not!

But if you know anyone who is a people person who wants to be a people moose, let them know that they're hiring in Wisconsin Dells. (I guess this is one even the Eastern European kids didn't want.)

No comments: