Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ferns, shortcake and HDTV

It being a beautiful, cool evening, we took a walk down Berry Road after dinner to look at some ferns. Tom is thinking about moving some in the fall, and we must have seen four or five different species. One is almost as big as a shrub and one is a light yellow-green in color.

When we passed Peggy and Rich's house, Ivy --their toy poodle Tom occasionally dogsits -- came running out to greet us. Rich came for Ivy and invited us in for dessert. So we had shortcake, ice cream and a freshly made strawberry sauce while watching a gorgeous Planet Earth program on fresh water on their 42-inch plasma high definition TV. I could tell by the questions Tom was asking that he may now turn his new-toy search in that direction..

The picture was amazingly clear. Tom used to tease me about the size of the television the Carmelites gave me when I moved into my little apartment in Chicago. It has a 26-inch screen and was way oversized for my little studio. In the high-ceilinged living room in this house, it fit in better. But after watching a 42-inch one, there is no comparison. I think it is just a matter of time.

No comments: