Monday, June 11, 2007

The Joys of Work

Joe and Evelyn are leaving Thursday to attend the high school graduation of one of their granddaughters. So Joe decided today that he has to get all this work done before he leaves that he hasn't been doing for the past few weeks. That means he will draft like mad for a few days and I will work on the computer trying to catch up. Of course, not everything can get done before he leaves, but I will continue working Friday and Monday so most will be ready when he returns to the office next Tuesday. A hectic week in store, and he asked if I could work all day any this week before he goes.

On the other hand, Vinko wants me to get all the work done on his dissertation so that he can send it to his supervisor before he leaves for Florida early Wednesday morning. So I told Joe I had to stay free to do that this afternoon and tomorrow, but I could work Wednesday afternoon. (Always good to pick up some extra hours and shekels!)

So when does Vinko send me seventy pages for final review and correction? A little after 5:00 p.m. this afternoon. I have just printed it out and will begin work. I just hope it doesn't require a ton of changes, or he will never get them made in time to send out tomorrow night.

No comments: