Friday, April 4, 2008

Freaky Friday

So today I spent over four hours at the bookstore counting bookmarks and plush animals. Among the animals was this bear named Mango. It made me think of my friends in Washington, DC who gave me so much grief over a mango t-shirt that I had back when. Whatever.

Anyway, the time went pretty fast and today there were customers in and out, which made it more fun. I did actually do more than count bookmarks and teddy bears. I got to wait on a few people and so on.

Then it was over to the library for a couple of hours of processing books for interlibrary loans and then home. Tom had spent much of his day working on the grounds over at the Riverside & Great Northern Railroad. It was a beautiful, warm spring day -- the library was practically empty because everyone was out enjoying the outdoors. One of the ladies said now she is sure spring has come. One of the others said, "Yeah, so the next snow will be a spring snow." Then there was a brief discussion about terrible April snow storms of years past.

Anyway, Tom and I were both pooped when we got home.

This being the first Friday of the month, though, we went out for a fish fry. This is a big Wisconsin tradition -- Evelyn even has a book on where the best ones are in the whole state -- and in theory we do it the first Friday of the month. But with the winter weather and one thing and another, we hadn't gotten around to it this year. So it was nice to get back into the routine. We went to Field's, which has good food and a nice ambiance. They seated us in what Tom calls the Liberace room -- all mirrors, chandeliers and red wall paper. The waitress was new and being supervised, but she did a fine job.

Then back home to collapse and get off my feet.

Aaahhhhh!

No comments: