Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I may be working on the railroad ...




The Riverside & Great Northern Railroad, that is, a 15-inch gauge railroad living museum offering rides on live steam trains along a 3 mile roadbed winding through scenic canyons, beautiful wooded areas, and majestic rock cuts beside the Dells of the Wisconsin River.

When Tom was over at there today -- he does volunteer work for them -- , Dave Simerson, the General Manager, asked if he knew anyone who wanted to work part time in the gift store and snack bar this summer. So Tom had him call me up, and I may have picked up yet another part time job. I have to sort out how this will fit in with the book store, and it being a seasonal job, it will just be for the summer. The good news is that it pays more per hour than the book store, so between those two -- if the schedules can be coordinated -- and doing billing and occasional other jobs for the law office and getting paid for the distance learning classes ... well, I won't be getting rich, but I should be busy this summer, anyway.

I can hardly wait until Tom tries to do my income taxes next year with all these W-2 forms!

Click on the arrow above to see what the little railroad is about.

[And, no, this is not an April Fool's joke.]

No comments: