Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday fun

I went in early this morning to the law office to cover while Evelyn is out of town and Joe was in court all day. As usual, there were things that had to be done yesterday and a pile of stuff that has been sitting there untouched since I was there last. I will go in next Wednesday morning and catch up a bit. They really need to hire someone to replace me, because a couple of days a month just doesn't get it done. But I'm not the boss of them ...

Joe told me lots of people were asking about me and that I was a popular guy. That made me feel good, but not good enough to offer to go back to work there regularly.

Then I spent a couple of hours at the library. Debbie Kinder came in and we talked briefly. She and Tom had gone out along the river this morning. It is still swollen from rain and snow melt, so it was an interesting walk. Another woman who is part of the Stewards came in at the same time and said hello. And, it turns out that Tom and Chris (one of the librarians) will be judging the Stewards' art contest for schoolkids. So lots of the kinds of small town connections going on there.

To top it off, this evening we went out for dinner with Debbie, her husband Jim and her mother and had a great time. Another of the librarians has a son who bartends at the restaurant where we ate, but he wasn't on duty. Debbie kept waving at people who came in and a couple stopped at the table to chat politics briefly. As I said, small town connections.
---
PS -- Kristin and Vince called Thursday night. Nice to hear from them and to see that Kristin is posting on her blog again.

No comments: