Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday frights

Well, yesterday may have been Thor's day, but we got most of our thunder and lightning today. About 3:00 this morning a big blast woke me up and the power went out. The phones were also gone. The power got back on about 9:00 a.m., but the phones were not back until after 4:00 p.m. By that time, we were in the middle of more severe thunderstorms, and the telephone guy told Tom he might see us tomorrow. A tornado touched down in a town some thirty miles south, but there were no injuries despite some damage.

So the drama!

On a simpler note, I went to work in Baraboo for the morning and Debbie came over and helped Tom -- stuck at home to wait for the Verizon folks -- put in most of the pine trees. When I got back in midafternoon after my shift at the library, he had all but a few planted and was supervising the telephone repairs down at Peggy's. I started down there, but right then the next series of heavy rain came through.

I was wiped out and thought I'd take a nap, but the thunder kept rolling and roiling, so it was pretty fitful dozing.

At least we didn't get snow like parts of Minnesota and the Dakotas.

No comments: