Monday, November 17, 2008

Mostly moist Monday

We had more snow today -- still nothing accumulating, but for a while this morning it looked like a real snowfall, not just a flurry. It was that lovely fluffy snow, too, with large flakes falling very gently. It covered the deck and grass briefly, but it did not last long.

Tonight, meanwhile, we are expecting a low of 14 degrees.

I got quite a bit done on the Holy Hill history project this morning. There is more to do, but I think I will be able to send it to Jude by Thanksgiving as planned.

We got a Thanksgiving card from the Broccolos -- Vince, you are right about Kirstin and her cards -- and I got my first Christmas card, this from Fr. Steven Payne in Nairobi. I guess he wanted to mail way early to make sure it got here.

Peggy came over for a cup of coffee and brought us a couple of jars of homemade apple butter. She and Rich will join us for Thanksgiving dinner, along with Tom and Barb Baker. Peg and Rich had us over the first year we were here, and Tom and Barb invited us last year. Tom will do the turkey and dressing, Peggy will bake pies and we still need to check on what the Bakers will bring. I will get to fill in the gaps, I guess. Peggy has already hinted loudly that the meal would be incomplete without sweet potato pie in some form. Depending on what the Bakers do, I may also make the totally necessary green bean casserole.

I feel full just writing about it!

No comments: