Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post-Guy Fawkes

It's raining,
It's pouring.
Cassidy's snoring

Well, last night was Guy Fawkes (in England and remnants of the Empire) and was celebrated with bonfires and fireworks. The weather people had promised us fireworks in the form of lightning, but nothing happened.

This morning, although it began raining about 8:00 a.m., the electrical display is no longer in the forecast.


Cassidy, as you can see in the photo, is asleep on my bed, snoring. I am sitting at my desk, but behind me I can hear her gently sawing wood. She and/or her sister usually are sleeping in my bed by the time I get up, which doesn't matter except that I like to make my bed first thing and they do not cooperate with that. It being rainy and cool outside, I suspect Cassidy will snore away on my bed most of the day. Some days she will sleep the morning in my room, get up and stretch around noon, go outside to scratch etc., demand to be let back in and then head to Tom's room to sleep on his bed or to his office to doze on the window box he set up for the cats there.

Meanwhile, weather here has gone from a couple of sunny days in the low 70s to a predicted
high of only 43 tomorrow and 40 on Saturday. Both Friday and Saturday nights may bring more snow flurries. Just flurries.

As you know from my many complaints, last winter set records for snowfall totals -- over ten feet for the season. I keep hearing people saying that they are saying we will have anywhere from three to six MORE feet of snow this year. I am not sure who they, are of course -- wooly caterpillars seen packing bags and booking flights to Florida, The Farmer's Almanac, the local Native Americans or what. I can only hope they are wrong.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I want Cassidy's life. (:

Asterix snores like a grown man. She has lung issues though...my poor baby is getting so old. So I let her snore. Its the least I can do.