Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mental spring cleaning

From time to time, I find it useful to go offline for a while. Like a house that has been cooped up all winter, my mind gets a bit dusty and stale. I need to open some nondigital windows and let fresh air blow through the domicile. I need to decide what to keep, which blogs and websites to set aside, which projects are ready to be packed away and left to germinate or to die, what needs to be taken out and shaken and put back in circulation.

While this process is underway, it is not the time to invite guests in to view the mess, to trip over brooms and mops or get covered with a stray cloud of dust. Once things are settled and renewed, doors open once again and guests are welcomed  back. To visitors things may not look much different. But I know the house feels and smells and somehow is different. I can take a deep breath without breaking into a coughing fit.

As you may know, spring cleaning can take more time than you expect. Or you may find yourself so energized when you begin that you finish it up quickly. We will see. Feel free to check back now and again to see if the season of cleaning is past and the season of new growth has begun.

We often talk of seeds lying in wait all winter to burst into life when the warmth of spring returns. But many seeds don't get planted until spring and do not grow until summer. Nature does everything in time and on time. May I learn from this example. 

Although I will be on the computer writing, I plan to spend little time online during this process. I will check email a couple of times a week and respond as needed.


Later, 'gators!

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I will leave the porch light on for you.

Sunny said...

We will be here when you return to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your holiday. :)

Kirstin Dodd said...

Good luck on this journey

love yoU!

Kristin said...

I've just cleaned up my Blogger & have started writing again. :-)