Thursday, July 9, 2015

A small addendum to the previous post

Today I received a copy of The Divine Adventure: St. Teresa of Avila's Journeys and Foundations. 

I mentioned in an earlier post that this was the last major publication project I worked on for my former community. It is a lovely book, but I am not mentioned by name anywhere. The editor acknowledged and thanked a group of unnamed people who contributed to the volume and I am among that number. I was, however, paid for my work and received this complementary copy of the book, too.

My mother was unhappy that the history that I wrote of Holy Hill for the booklet that they sell there does not have my name on the cover. That was at my request, and Fr. Jude did mention me by name as providing the text in his acknowledgements. I pointed that out to my mother, but she said that wasn't enough to satisfy her. 

I guess I won't mention this book to her at all.

No comments: