Sunday, July 5, 2015

Feeling good [UPDATED]


I hope your Fourth celebration, whether quiet and reflective or filled with cookouts and fireworks, was happy and enjoyable. Mine had elements of both. We went to a cookout at Rich and Peggy's with some of her family and other neighbors, and that was a pleasant afternoon. The presence of children added to the fun, watching (and hearing!) them run through the sprinkler and other such childhood joys. The fireworks part came at the end of the day, and literally at the end of the road, when we walked down to the end of our drive and up Berry Road a bit to watch displays at Christmas Mountain on one end of the road and the Dells on the other.

Today I am feeling physically and psychologically good. I have noticed this past week how much better I feel as a result of my time at the gym. Although I had been getting in lots of walking before I started going there, I think doing an hour on the treadmill and then some work with weights has been good for me. I feel a good sort of tired, not fatigued. My muscles feel used and satisfactorily relaxed. So thank you to my Medicare supplemental insurance plan for making this possible.

And I am watching more carefully what I eat, which I suspect also adds to my good spirits. 

UPDATE: Needless to say, that image represents how I feel, not how I look!

2 comments: