Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dells River Walk

Although we had some showers, it turned into a beautiful afternoon. It was too nice to just stay in, so after dinner we went into the Dells and strolled along the River Walk. It was a great evening for it, except that the sun was right in our faces part of the way. Now that the leaves are all out, the river banks look prettier, but the view is blocked from parts of the walk. There is a restaurant bar overlooking it all and they were having a cookout with a LOUD live band. Not exactly back to the silence of nature... I gathered that a birthday party and a graduation party were going on.

A guy named Dave Riggs does caricatures in downtown Wisconsin Dells and a week or so back we watched him at work. Tom has been teasing me to get one "for yore mama", so I thought I'd get it over with while there were no crowds to gawk and snicker. Tom did plenty of both. Dave asked me, "Have you ever been made fun of... er, sketched before?" "Yes to the first," I said, "no to the second." The end result is amusing in the way that caricatures are meant to be. If I can figure out how to scan it (it is 11"x14"), I will post a picture here for all to see. How I get it to Whitehouse will be another question.

Saw the crane at the pond and a doe leaping into the woods on the way into town. Dragonflies are filling the skies, taking care of the mosquitoes I hope. And I found another tick in the middle of the bathroom floor. The bugs are certainly back. That's about all for the critter report.

No comments: