Thursday, September 6, 2007

Construction

As soon as Labor Day is over and the tourist crush around the Dells is gone, at least during the week, the road crews are out to do what they can before the weather turns wet and cold. Right now there are three big sections of Berry Road that have been ripped up and all the traffic lights at the Wal-Mart intersection are down as well as those on both sides of the overpass to the interstate. Today coming home from work, I thought I would skip most of that by coming through town -- only to wind up in a one-lane only stretch before I even got to where I thought the construction was going on.

I shouldn't complain about them taking care of the infrastructure, of course. We were talking with Helen and Jay last night about the Minnesota bridge that went down in their area, and wondered what would happen if we lost the bridge over the Wisconsin River that goes into the Dells. We could still get there, but...

I expect it will all be passable by the time the Brooklyn Broccolo's hit town in November.

No comments: