Saturday, September 29, 2007

St. Michael (not me!)

Today, September 29, is the day Catholics celebrate the archangel Michael, and I got several feastday greetings from Carmelite friends. This icon is one that Fr. Michael Berry, another Carmelite, gave me a few years ago for Christmas.

I wound up going chair shopping with Tom in Madison today. He bought four nice oak chairs for the dining table. Coming back with them in the truck, we missed a turn and wound up taking the Merrimac ferry across Lake Wisconsin. It is a very short trip but a nice change of pace. It was a bit of a cloudy day, but otherwise beautiful.

Early this morning I was awakened by -- ta da! -- the smoke alarm low battery alert going off in the guest room. This is the room where I caught the bird yesterday that Tom had thought was the smoke alarm. I guess it is time to change all the smoke alarm batteries. I put new batteries in all of them at about the same time last spring, so they should all be due.

No comments: