Saturday, September 15, 2007

Howdy, neighbor!

I've been hearing from Tom and others in the neighborhood that Oprah Winfrey owns a home in the area, not all that far from us. [I freely admit that the people who tell me this are the kind of folks who would have sworn to me when I was ten years old that there really were snipes in the woods at night.] It may be true. Tom's theory is that she likes to come up here and golf occasionally, and there are certainly enough golf courses around us. One thing that makes me suspicious is that the directions I hear are pretty ambiguous and never include something simple like an actual street name. Tom took John looking for it the other day, and even though he claims to have seen it before, they had no luck. I think this may provide an excuse for some foliage-viewing trips around the hills over the next month or so. Maybe by Thanksgiving, it can be added to the tour for guests.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yeah! Oprah hunters. I love it. (: