Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Middle of the week

This morning when I got to the office, Joe asked me to type a short paper he wrote for the Modern Literature (Before 1945) course he is taking at Boo U. In Wisconsin, people over 60 can audit courses free at schools that are part of the University of Wisconsin system, with the permission of the professor. Usually there is room, and this semester Joe is taking a course with a heavy emphasis on poetry at the beginning.

So I typed up his paper from his draft and made some editorial suggestions. Then he wanted to discuss what I thought of the paper itself. Yeah, that's what I want to do -- give my opinion of my boss's writing style! But we had an interesting conversation about a poem by William Butler Yeats, although it meant I did not finish the billing I was trying to get done for Evelyn's guardian ad litem work. Realizing he had taken up so much of my time, Joe then decided to blow the rest of the morning by having me go online to find and print out moussaka recipes for him. He raises sheep and was looking for more dishes that use lamb. I told him that we have a Greek cookbook at the house -- Greek Cooking for the Gods -- partly because Helen 's dad is Greek and she learned to cook some Greek dishes, passing the recipes and tricks along to Tom. When she gets in tonight I intend to have her look over the recipe in the cookbook and tell me if it is any good.

Because we were not sure when Helen, Jay and John would arrive this evening, Tom decided to make a spinach salad for dinner, figuring it could be served whenever they get here. This is a good idea, except that now the house smells of bacon, which is not helping my hunger pangs as we wait for them.

More later...

Everyone arrived about six. We had dinner and then watched a DVD of Greater Tuna, the play that Tom and I saw a few weeks back over in Baraboo. I still think you need to be a Texan to get some of it.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Eww...lamb?!?! I love Greek people...they have the best hair color and skin tone.