Friday, December 28, 2007

Let it snow ...

Well, whether we want it or not, it is snowing again -- up to four more inches. With local budgets way over allocations for snow removal, plowing and sanding are not up to the usual. The snow is supposed to end this evening, so maybe they will get ahead of it over the weekend.

In other local news, there is a possibility that a new Johnny Depp movie may film some scenes in Baraboo, including a bank robbery in the Baraboo National Bank, where I keep my pennies. When I was working at the Lumen Christi Institute at the University of Chicago, they filmed parts of the movie Proof on campus. Br. Michael Berry and I saw Gwyneth Paltrow walking down the sidewalk one day, which was pretty cool. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her role, but didn't win. Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal were also in that one, but I never saw them.

No comments: