Saturday, December 8, 2007

Weekend Report I

Well, we got the brief done in time yesterday, but the interrogatories that had been due a week ago are yet to be completed. It was an exhausting day, and Tom and I went out for our monthly Friday fish fry, then came home and did nothing. I am reading a book about fads from 1890 to 1990, so that helped put me to sleep.

I woke up to sunshine and Tom working away on his train in the basement -- the train set-up is under my bedroom. He thought he was being quiet, and it didn't wake me up. But I can hear his shoosh-shoshing away down there. The set-up is looking very good. He is making a model of the dells along the Wisconsin River. [See picture above.]

I decided to treat myself to a slice of bacon with my fake eggs this morning, which set off the smoke alarm. (No, I didn't burn anything.) Which set off the cats, of course. They eventually decided to come back in out of the cold, but Sundance is still eyeing me suspiciously.

The plan today is to make Christmas candy to take to various neighbors. Last year Tom did cookies, but he has other trains to fry this year. So I am making various fudge and other candy-like concoctions. If he ever comes up from the basement, we will go over to Wal-Mart for the makings.

Tomorrow we do our volunteer schtick at the Santa Train. I think he is on the security detail -- trying to kep the kids off the tracks -- and I am going to be dishing up something in the food tents.

PS -- It is four degrees out at 10:00 a.m., Kristin, if you are still jealous. You are welcome to this weather. At least it is not windy, though, so it is four and it feels like four.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

*LOL* @ my shout out.

My cats are the same way!! Like if you drop something unexpectedly, they book it and are missing for days. And even when they come back, they still act like you were out to get them the entire time and did it purposely to upset their chi.

I love cats.