Saturday, December 1, 2007

Publications

The snow has turned to sleet and frozen rain, and I can hear it hitting against the wall and windows of my room. Not a fun sound.

But the good news is ...

I just found out that my article for Spiritual Life magazine will appear in the Spring 2008 issue. I realize most of you have never read anything I wrote, and I thought I would show you that writing has been a bigger part of my life than you may think. This bibliography includes all but a couple of articles and a couple of poems I have had published.

Michael Dodd

Bibliography


Articles in Spiritual Life magazine


“Divinization in John of the Cross” 24:4Winter 1978, 258-253.

Saint John of the Cross and Friendship” 26:4 Winter 1980, 194-204.

“Beginners and the Spiritual Canticle” 29:4 Winter 1983, 195-208.

“’In the Heart of the World, I Will Be Hope’: The Discalced Carmelite Charism Today” 38:2 Summer 1992, 99-106.

“The Trinity in a Poem of John of the Cross” 50:4 Winter 2004, 195-208.

Other articles

“The Historical Setting of St Teresa’s Life” Teofanes Egido, OCD (translated with Steven Payne, OCD) Carmelite Studies: Spiritual Direction, ed. John Sullivan, OCD (ICS Publications: Washington, DC) 1980, 122-182

“The Economic Concerns of Madre Teresa” Teofanes Egido, OCD (translated with Steven Payne, OCD) Carmelite Studies V: Edith Stein/Teresian Culture, ed. John Sullivan, OCD (ICS Publications: Washington, DC) 1987, 151-172.

“Joan Gurutekoaren mezua: historia, agerrera, etorkizuna” Karmel: Loiolako Inazio – Joan Gurutzekoa 1491-1591 (Karmel: Zenbakia, Spain) 1990, 211-222.

“Master in the Faith: John of the Cross for Today” (with Steven Payne, OCD) Listening: Journal of Religion and Culture 26:3, Fall1991, 232-245.

“John of the Cross: The Person, His Times, His Writings” Carmelite Studies VI: John of the Cross, ed. Steven Payne, OCD (ICS Publications: Washington, DC) 1992, 7-28.

“Pere Jacques” Carmelite Digest Summer 2005, 26-43.

“Constitutions of El Cerro: A Humorous Work by Jerome Gracian”, Jerome Gracian (translated by Michael Dodd) Carmelite Studies IX: A Better Wine: Essays Celebrating Kieran Kavanaugh, ed. Kevin Culligan, OCD (ICS Publications: Washington, DC) 2007, 95-135.

Book reviews in Spiritual Life


Elements of Rite: A Handbook of Liturgical Style 29:3 Fall1983, 185-186.
The Future of Our Past: The Spanish Mystics Speak to Us Today 32:2 Summer1986, 113-114.
Take and Receive: A Guide for Prayer Series 35:2 Summer 1989, 112-113.
Out of Chaos: Refounding Religious Congregations 35:3 Fall 1989, 182-184.
St. Teresa of Avila: The Way of Perfection: A Study Edition 47:1 Spring 2001, 52-54.
To Quell the Terror: The Mystery of the Vocation of the Sixteen Carmelites of Compiegne Guillotined July 17, 1794 47:2 Summer 2001, 114-116.


Articles in The Catholic Dictionary of Spirituality

A Michael Glazier Book, Edited by Michael Downey
(The Liturgical Press: Collegeville, MN) 1993


“Consumerism”
“Divinization”
“Materialism”
“Redemption”
“Secularism”
“Visions”


Conferences available from ICS Publications on cassette and CD

“John of the Cross: The Person, His Writings, His Times”

“St. Teresa of Avila and the Trinity”

“St. Teresa of the Andes: An Experience of American Sanctity”

“St. Therese of Lisieux and the Mission of the Church”

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Holy crap. Excuuuuuuse me! *LOL*

Sank said...

Wow, I'm impressed. My second ecumenical writer I follow. I have a book for you to read, I think you'd enjoy... The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson. It's a good read about a agnostic non-believer who follows his fathers footsteps and joins the clergy, marries a girl he does not love and in a turn of events meets Satan, who complains that he doesn't matter any more either..

Joseph said...

Did you ever get your murder mystery published? ;-)

Michael Dodd said...

No, I have not been able to get my mystery published. In fact, I have had no success with any of my fiction -- having had any number of short stories rejected by now. Spiritual Life, however, has accepted another article, and just today I agreed to write s brief history of Holy Hill for the Carmelites.