Monday, December 24, 2007

'Twas the afternoon before Christmas

I went to work this morning, and the main roads and streets were fine. Side streets in Baraboo could have used some more clearing, but the county and various other jurisdictions around here are all way over budget for snow removal for 2007. They used it all up in the winter storms we had last January into March, and now with a lot of snow in December, they are having to skimp where they can.

I got the billing that had to be done completed and mailed out, but I still have to do the billing for the work Evelyn does for the county. That is another forty or so bills, all of which have to be itemized. Sigh!

Meanwhile, back at The Lodge, people worked on puzzles, prepared for the Christmas dinner (which we will eat tonight, Christmas Eve, because Helen and Jay had to leave Christmas morning to catch a flight), watched DVDs and so on. I went by the motel room to take a nap, but the housecleaning crew was in the room. So I went for a brief swim and enjoyed the jacuzzi instead. Niiiiiice!

When I got back to The Lodge, some of the kids were out shooting, Jay was watching The Lone Ranger on DVD and Helen was cooking. Cassdiy was sprawled out on the couch with Jay rubbing her belly. Sundance was curled up sleeping on my bed. Buddy the Dog was hiding somewhere.

After dinner we will do the gift exchange. I'll let you know how I make out later.

No comments: