Friday, September 19, 2008

Bad news

Well, I got turned down for health insurance. So now I will have to consider other options. Most likely my only option is going to be live without it and just deal with it. There is a shared high risk program in Wisconsin that I will look into, but I will most likely be unable to afford it. My boss at the law firm had that, and I know that I could not even pay the premiums he paid, much less have anything left over to pay the deductible.

Ah, well. If I can live long enough for Medicare to kick in -- and if there is still any money in it -- I guess I'll be okay.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

How did you get turned down?!? On what basis! Those bastards. I'm going to check with my job to figure out if there is anything I can do about that on my end.

Stay tuned. Kristin to the rescue.

Kristin said...

OK you need to apply to one more place. If you get turned down by 2 places, the state has to pick you up. Just FYI. But I'm also checking out my options.