Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wo-Zha-Wa


The Riverside & Great Northern Railway had a float in the parade Sunday -- which I missed because I was working at the railway -- and here it is. That caboose is one of our actual cars, but it is not currently in use while some more work is being done on it. Those are volunteers and their children on the float, including (somewhere hidden) my friend Matt.


The Stewards of the Dells also had a float, with a large model of the rock on their logo. I told Tom it looks like a big wasps nest to me.

Meanwhile, last year at Wo-Zha-Wa the Oscar Mayer people sponsored a contest to find a new kid to be in their commercials, and the grandson of our friends Jack and Pat Anderson won. This is a picture of the composer of the famous jingle ("I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener..." You just know his mamma's proud!) presenting Will Wegner with a copy of the lyrics he sang. Will was eight when he won, now nine. He comes from a theatrical family of sorts, his father being a high school drama teacher and his mother also being involved.

And for Daddy -- who is celebrating one of his birthdays today (September 17) -- I have a picture of the Shriners riding their motor scooters.


Happy birthday, Daddy!

No comments: