Friday, September 12, 2008

Later the same day ...

Well, Chris didn't manage to get away from work until way later than expected, then ran into bad weather and traffic congestion getting out of Chicago, so dinner was delayed until about 8:00. Tom waited until the last minute to put the pork chops on the grill and then got so busy talking with Chris that he forgot to take them off until one was pretty much tasty charcoal. The others were edible, though, so we managed fine. Chris had brought an apple pie for dessert. After dinner, he and Toim watched the DVD of the draining of Lake Delton while I did the dishes, and then we had pie.

At that point they started talking politics, and I decided to post this short account and turn in for the night.

The weather report is for rain tomorrow morning, clearing in the afternoon. As I said before, Chris doesn't require much entertainment, but I am sure he and Tom will find things to do. I will wait and decide what I want to get involved with when the time comes. There is talk of a morning trip to the book sale, for example, that I will likely join.

No comments: