Tuesday, December 23, 2008

[UPDATE] Package 0414 0987 4420 0412 xxxx, where are you?

Some time back, I ordered something that I hoped would arrive by Christmas. They assured me it would ship in 3-5 days and arrive via 2-day priority mail. So a maximum of a week, right? That would have meant it arrived last week.

Nothing so far ...

A couple of things add to the mystery.

One, I ordered some software last Friday from Utah, and then I got an email message from the United States Postal Service giving me a tracking number for a package, but failing to say where the package originated. I went to the USPS site to track it, and found no information on who sent it, but was notified that it had arrived (from somewhere) in Atlanta on Saturday.

So I assumed this was the first package I had ordered, but I did note that the software people told me their package had shipped out via mail on Friday. So who knows?

Two, the software arrived Monday morning in the mail. Great job, guys! But apparently not the package with the tracking number. It shows as still out there in the beyond.

Three, today the Postal Service sent me an update on the package I had expected last week, to let me know that not only had it arrived in Atlanta last Saturday, it was delivered to Trabuco Canyon, California yesterday.

Huh???

Is this even my package? If so, why did the package go from New York (at least, that is where the folks I ordered it from are located) to Georgia and now to California? Weather-delayed mail? Does the USPS have the wrong email address (mine) but the right mailing address (someone else), and is some dude in California now happily opening the box he was hoping to get by Christmas?

And where is my package? We only have two mail deliveries before the Big Day now.

I don't want Sundance and Cassidy to be disappointed.
-------------
[UPDATE] I kid you not, I had just posted this when the USPS pulled up to deliver the package. Thank you! Now the kitties will have a good Christmas.

No comments: