Thursday, December 11, 2008

Writing

Today the editor of Spiritual Life magazine sent me the proof of an article they will be publishing in the spring issue. It is about the names we give to God.

It always takes a few months from the time I submit an article until I get to see and approve the version that will appear in print. Inevitably, although I think the article is pretty good when I send it in, by the time I read it again after the passage of some time, it seems somewhat boring and dead to me. I am not sure if this is only because I have now moved on and am thinking about something new, or if it is that the distance in time gives me a more objective perspective -- which enables me to see that my thoughts were not as scintillating as I had originally thought.

At any rate, this does mean I will have something published in 2009. And it will even bring in a few dollars to supplement my income.

I think this is my thirty-seventh publication.

No comments: