Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Did you vote?

Today I spent four and a half hours volunteering at the library during inventory week. I will be back there Thursday afternoon. Over the lunch break I went into Delton to vote. The only thing on the ballot had to do with efforts to add classrooms to one of the schools in our district. It is hotly debated because the educational facilities are way bad and money is way tight.

I don't know how the vote will turn out or how many people turned up to vote. Sometimes people think voting is not important unless there is a presidential election up for grabs. Seems to me the president has amazingly little impact on my life, whereas things like the quality of education in the local schools, maintenance of the roads, adequate funding for police and fire departments -- that stuff can touch my life on a daily basis.

So I voted.

No comments: