Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I been working at the railroad ...

Tom and I went over to the railroad this morning to do some initial prep for Santa's visit. That meant moving a bunch of stuff from the rear of the store to make room for the Jolly Old Elf's bench and for the Christmas tree. We managed to get quite a bit done in a couple of hours. I will go back over on Friday and take down what remains of the Pumpkin Train decorations and replace them with Christmas stuff.

We are open for five more days this year -- a total of about 24 hours. Operations cease December 6. Then I have to figure out what to do about inventory and some early preparation for the February train show in Madison. This is above-and-beyond the call of duty, because I would not have to do anything at all about either of those things before the job ends December 31. But Tom is going to make me be a good guy and do it.

Sigh!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Owwwwwwww!!! Santa's Coming!!! Santa's Coming!!!
You're being a good Elf, Michael!!!