Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Free Turtles!

Want to know what occupies the Wisconsin Dells Legislative Committee these days?
The committee, after turning down a beer and wine license request from Walgreens, went on to approve an ordinance regulating the sale of turtles. Federal law prohibits the sale of turtles under 4 inches, but the city wants its own prohibit so it can take quick action against stores selling them or giving them away. One store sold the turtle tanks and the small turtle was free.
I think the public needed to hear more about exactly what the turtle problem was. And why does it need to take quick action? Aren't turtles by nature sort of ... slow?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

:-( They should never give an animal away for free.

I think the wine/liquor license denial at Walgreens was lame though...but their biz.

Maybe you guys have a drunk driving problem? I guess my defense would be "You are a known tourist town...you HAVE to have alcohol available."

Michael Dodd said...

The reason they turned Walgreens down is that there is a liquor store right across the street and something like fifteen other places that sell beer and wine and/or liquor in the city of Wisconsin Dells and the town of Delton. Trust me! In Wisconsin, you never have to go far to get a drink!

Kristin said...

Well, with that said...I guess I can understand!