Thursday, October 23, 2014

Cat alarm


As predicted, the cats -- well, Sundance -- did not allow me to sleep very late this morning.

I went to bed around nine last night and listened to an audiobook of Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for a while. When I realized that I had dozed through several bits, I turned it off and had a good night's sleep.

About seven this morning, Sundance came into the room. She meowed for a while, then got up on the bed and walked over me. She poked her face in mine. She meowed some more. She walked some more. I petted her and tried to go back to sleep. She jumped off the bed and I thought I was safe.

A minute later she was back, poking me and meowing, putting her nose up to mine.

I surrendered.

Maybe tonight?

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

We tried this morning, too. Didn't work. Moose didn't let up until he got what he wanted. At least somebody here is getting trained.

Ur-spo said...

Well it is in their job description.