Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween today, Part Deux

We woke to snow this morning. Not a lot, just a heavy sort of dusting. It is not the first snow of the year, but it is the first to stick around for a while on the ground. At least we are not dealing with enough snow to disrupt trick-or-treating. I can remember years up here where the poor things had to wear coats and boots covering up their beloved costumes. Princess-in-a-parka is not the same, although with the popularity of Disney's Frozen, it might work this year.

I made the fudge this morning for the neighbors and it is cooling in the refrigerator now. When I went to get the stuff together, I discovered that I did not have any peppermint extract, naturally. I had all sorts of other extracts, but the kids specifically told me they like the mint. So I made the adult fudge -- dark chocolate with walnuts -- and set it to cool while I made a quick trip to get the minty fresh stuff. After lunch, I will cut the fudge into pieces, put some into a container and take it next door.


2 comments:

Kirstin Dodd said...

mmm... sounds yummy

Michael Dodd said...

It is yummy -- but I put too much mint in the kids' candy, and although it tastes fine, it did not set properly. I wound up rolling it into balls and then rolling the balls in jimmies to make them manageable. (Sort of children's truffles.) And even then I put them in small foil cups. It won't matter to the kids -- it's all sugar!