Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Watch out!

On the way back to Whitehouse from Borger on Sunday -- it being a very long trip --  my mother and I stopped several times to break up the trip, get fuel, eat or get coffee, and for related activities. I snapped the photo below at a rest area in the Panhandle. It may not be obvious, but if you look carefully, you will see that the sign is in front of the entrance to the restrooms. That white door behind it is the entrance to the men's room.

Click on photo to enlarge

The sign was a bit discouraging, but needs must, and I am happy to report we encountered no rattlesnakes inside or outside the facilities.

Early this morning I left Whitehouse and am spending another night in Sikeston, MO. I have to say that while Sikeston may have its problems, the place I am staying is rather nice. Not fancy at all, but it used to be an assisted living facility. So I have a nice size living room as well as a nice bedroom with king-sized bed and large bathroom. It is near the highway, but my room faces the back and is very quiet. I was  so pleased with it on my way south that I decided to give stay again on the way back home.

I expect to be back in the Dells sometime tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

Cynthia Dodd said...

Living in the Texas Panhandle we have seen these ''watch for rattlesnake" signs at the rest areas many times. On numerous occasions at these rest areas, I hear many visitors commenting on these disturbing signs as they are traveling through Texas. Only in the Texas Panhandle....

Moving with Mitchell said...

Ha! I'd be peeing in a cup in the car and watching for the rattlesnakes from behind a closed window!

Ur-spo said...

watching for rattlesnakes is a daily task here in PHX. On occasion we find one.