Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fishing for writers

The library newsletter for August just came out and a third of the front page is devoted to our National Novel Writing Month project. Now to see if we get any interest.

I think I have mentioned that we have quite a few writers in the Dells area, but most write nonfiction, spiritual reflections, things of that nature. Writing a novel can be a bit scary, as I know from my own efforts. But I want to encourage people to give it a try.

It may just be me, but until I had published a novel, I felt like I wasn't really a writer -- even though by then I had published dozens of articles, book reviews and short contributions to reference works in the States, Europe and even Africa. There is just something about being able to say, "I wrote a novel." 

Thinking about it? Jump on in. The water's fine!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I love NaNoWriMo. Ive yet to particpate- but Paul did and he published his too. I may give it a whirl this year!!!

I should have my Christmas shopping done by then and God Willing, I wont have a hospital stay this year. I'm also not planning a Thanksgiving dinner since we are Hosting a Christmas Dinner for the In Laws. FINALLY a reason to dress the house for the holidays!!!