Thursday, February 7, 2008

Michael Dodd


The above map -- just stumbled across in on Google -- shows the distribution of "Michael Dodd"s across the United States, at least according to the listings on WhitePages.com. I note that there are none in Wisconsin -- but then, I just have a cell phone and don't have my name on a land line.

The most Michael Dodds are in Texas, including a Michael S. (and Deborah) in Sandia and a Michael S. (and Jamie) in Burnet.

I may have mentioned that at one time I lived only a few blocks from another Father Michael Dodd in Brighton, Massachusetts, and that led to some interesting confusion on the telephone.

There are a couple of Dodd families in the area, but they are either in Portage (over in Columbia County, where I worked for hospice) or down in the Sauk Prairie area in the southernmost part of Sauk County. No Michaels among them, at least not listed in the phone directory.

That handsome devil next to the lion is me at the Brookline monastery back in 1983 or 1984. I realize it is a dark print, but I couldn't lighten it up. As far as I recall, I had not been in a fight, so I don't think those are black eyes.

No comments: