Sunday, June 22, 2008

Feline follies

Love to eat them mousies . . .
Mousies what I love to eat!
Bite they little heads off,
Nibble on they tiny feet!

I remember that ditty from a poster some years ago. I found a mousie tail and liver on the carpet in the living room this morning, probably Cassidy's prey.

Rich is finally back from his work in Oklahoma and Texas, and he and Peggy brought over a signed print by Jeff Leedy as a thank-you gift for us (mainly Tom) helping Peggy during his time away. The caption is "I will always think of you as my can opener."

Well, we don't feed the cats canned food -- although when Helen is here, she sometimes shares a bit of canned tuna with them. So they do run into the kitchen every time they hear a can opener.

Sundance has been using the inside litter box the last couple of days. I'm not sure what that is about. The weather has not been bad and she doesn't seem sick in any way. Also, she just uses it to urinate, and I assume she is doing her other business outside.

Who can fathom the mind of a cat?

On the way home from the railway, I saw my first complete rainbow of the year.

Even better, I saw (I'm pretty sure) a scarlet tanager down by the pond. Beautiful!

No comments: