Monday, June 2, 2008

Mosquito musketry

John arrived safely yesterday about dinnertime and we sat down to Tom's cook-most-of-the-day crockpot spaghetti. While I did the dishes, they began the job hunt online. Later we went out to Culver's for turtle sundaes -- amid much confusion brought on by Tom's connection of this outing with the movie on TV -- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Then a trip to Wal-Mart for some necessities and home to sleep the sleep of the just.

Tom got up early to go mow at the railway, and I promised to take John around on the job hunt while running other errands -- Monday being one of my days off.

While I was cleaning up the fountain on the deck, John decided to take Tom's rifle out for some target practice. I saw him wander off ino the woods with a target in hand, and a couple of minutes later he had scampered back to find some Off. The mosquitoes were hunting the hunter.

Duly supplied, he braved the forest again and now I hear gunshots. I assume he is aiming at the target and not the bugs.
----------------------
Did you know that The Great Texas Mosquito Festival will be July 24-26 this summer in Clute? It has been held every year since 1981 or some such thing.

No comments: