Monday, June 23, 2008

Rings and things

At work Saturday morning, I noticed that a couple of rings I wear were missing. One is the Hebrew script ring I got when I was in the Carmelites. Since I lost weight, it had become loose and I wore it with another ring -- a simple silver band incised with kokopelli figures (pictured, a reminder of the Indian blood in the Dodd clan) -- that fit more snugly and kept the Hebrew ring safe, a sort of ring guard. From time to time, both rings would slip off my finger, but before I have always noticed and retrieved them. This time I don't know where they went.

I know it happened that morning, and it happened either in the house ( no luck there, even after cleaning), in the car (ditto even after ditto), at the service station where I gassed up (no one had turned anything in), in the shop (ditto after ditto) or between my car and a couple of the buildings at the railway. One of the volunteers has offered to bring her metal detector to look there, but I am not optimistic.

I can order another of the Hebrew ones and I lucked out and found a duplicate of the kokopelli one at a shop in the Dells, although I think this one is stainless steel and the lost one was sterling. I am going to wait before I order the Hebrew, though, just in case Karen's metal detector comes up with something.

This is the second one of the Hebrew rings I have lost. One fell off my finger and down a hole into a door frame on a rented moving van. (Don't even ask!)

Very frustrating!

No comments: