Monday, May 11, 2009

Comings and goings

Helen arrived today for her visit. Jay will drive down Friday and take her back to St. Paul. Friday is her birthday, and so we gave her a copy of my mystery. I hope she considers it a gift and not an imposition! Helen has taught classes on Agatha Christie, and she's no slouch in the mystery-reading game.

That's a picture of Tom and Helen at Stonehenge with their oldest, Rebecca, back in 1979. Rebecca had posted it along with some other pictures on Facebook for Mother's Day. Aren't they cute?

We found out that Rich (neighbor) is leaving for Canada tomorrow for several months. So we invited him and Peggy over for dinner. Tom is planning to grill pork chops.

I went in to the railroad early and did a few things, including getting my first purchase order out. Now to see if I did it right! When I got home, there was an order from a monastery in Oregon for five copies of the Gratian book, which was a nice surprise.

I shipped the books out and went by the library to request some books on the Inquisition from interlibrary loan as background for the next mystery. Guess I need to at least be doing something about that!

No comments: