Monday, May 18, 2009

Just another manic Monday

Manic Monday

1) The proof copy of the Elijah book shipped today and should arrive Wednesday. That is about a week sooner than I expected, and so I am happy about that. I stopped by the library to pick up another book for my on-going research for the next mystery. This one is The Spanish Inquisition, 1478-1614: An Anthology of Sources. Now don't y'all run out and get your own!

2) Lots of museum shop stuff today: pricing all those engineer caps I ironed patches onto last night; putting in another purchase order and trying (unsuccessfully) to get in touch with someone to do the t-shirts; working on signs and ideas for a Memorial Day Weekend Sale ...

3) Tomorrow we will run a train or two in the afternoon for a special group. Mary will also be trying to teach me some more about the bookkeeping system for the shop: handling vouchers, receiving items for inventory, etc. We are STILL in transition from the new system that went in last July, which means that every single thing I do in one system, I have to do again in the other system. Someday this will end and we will, as John Lennon sang, "live as one."

Or if not live, at least account.

UPDATE: Here I am, trying to watch Kristin's BFF Videos -- I had seen the bowling (or part of it?) on her site, already, right? -- and the guy called to set up an appointment to talk about the t-shirts. So that is a good thing. (More than I can say about Somebody's bowling ...)

No comments: