Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First snake

The cats brought in the first garden snake of the season, I guess. As I was heading into my room around lunch, there it was almost in my door. I don't know if it had been in my room or if I just happened upon it as it was slithering by. At any rate, I used the trusty Gopher to pick it up and take it outside. Tom was amused, but then he never wants to pick them up by any means.

I got the Gopher to take with me on walks with Peggy to pick up trash. (When she reads this, she will say, "Yeah! And when are you ever going to do that?") It is a Billy Mays-pitched product, and it seems quite useful. Billy Mays, on the other hand -- is that man's volume control broken?

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Oh ugh!!!
My fav kitty ,Diva, used to bring me baby copperheads as gifts. They were always dead, but I learned early on to shake my shoes out before putting them on when she had been outside.

(Diva's demise, btw, was caused from a copperhead snakebite and I don't know of any way to train them to give snakes a wide berth........actually now that I think about it, I don't know of any way to "train" a cat to do anything it doesn't want to do for that matter!!!)