Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dragons and more

After a nine-hour day at the railroad, I came home to several delights. Tom has made real progress in cleaning up the yard and so on and the place -- which already looked good -- is looking even better.

On top of that, he had prepared a great salad for dinner with lots of veggies and with tasty chicken he had grilled.

Also, Peggy had brought me a belated birthday present, a beautifully illustrated book about dragon myths and legends. She had already made me that rhubarb pie for my birthday, so this was above and beyond the call of neighborliness.

Tomorrow, to my surprise and delight, I do not have to go to work. I have an appointment with the optometrist, though, and I am sure new, stronger and more expensive glasses are in my future.

4 comments:

Tom Scharbach said...

I heard you got NASCAR glasses. Fess up, you and Daryl Waltrip are pretty much cut from the same cloth. Hehe.

Michael Dodd said...

Daryl Who?

Sunny said...

LOL_ That's how I feel about Nascar too, Michael.

I love the "Dragons" too....I love all creatures Mystical.
Especially the flying ones.

Vincent said...

Hi Michael,

Stopped by to say hello, I hope all goes well at the Dr. I am going to begin your book this week. Cant wait for the one on Holy Hill!

Take Care
VB