Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sext

Well, the book submission was accepted and the proof is on the way. Looks like there is no way to get this on the market before June, though. I'm not sure why, but CreateSpace is much slower these days than it was when I first began with them. It seems to take them twice as long to produce a book that is only half the size.

At any rate, I should get the proof by the end of the month. I have yet to have a book ready for the market on the first proof, so that will probably mean another couple of weeks minimum before it gets out there.

I spent three and a half hours on inventory this morning -- Tom came and helped for a while, taking much more time away from his own overdue project than he had anticipated, I think -- and I am home for lunch and a short quies. Then once more unto the breach, dear friends!
-------------
Sext, by the way, is the midday hour of prayer in the monastery, not what you were probably thinking. Shame on you!

It comes from the Latin word meaning the sixth hour of the day, the day beginning more or less at sunrise at 6:00 a.m.

No comments: