Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hair!

I have posted before about putting on bird videos from YouTube to get Sundance to settle down when I am trying to meditate or work in the office. She is particularly restless in the morning. (I have been told that if I have time to find videos for the cat I have too much time on my hands.)

Anyway, this morning I was prepared and had everything set up when she came downstairs. I clicked on what has been her favorite -- cardinals eating seed off a ledge -- and went back to work while she watched.

After 20 minutes or so, that video ended and another began, this time of pigeons. She watched that for a while and then began to wander. She wasn't complaining, though, and she would go back and sit down from time to time. So I let it be.

When the pigeon video ended, the next video in the queue was just a hair dryer -- the old beauty parlor type with a hood. That was it. Looked like there was a wig stuck on the back of the chair and just the hair dryer noise. I guess it is a white noise thing.

Sundance was fascinated. She sat on the coffee table to watch up close for a while, then got into her chair so she could get more comfortable.  The noise eventually lulled her to sleep, which may have been the idea of the video anyway. Since it was constant, the noise didn't bother me or interfere with my work.

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

This is wonderful. One of our cats, Dudo, has a thing for EVAX tampon commercial. I don't know if it's the music, the colors, the movement, or the fact that the women do quite a bit of crotch flashing. Hairdryers would be much more respectable.

Ur-spo said...

This is almost as good as Monty Python's "Confuse a Cat" sketch.