Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wildlife and real life

Yesterday afternoon a deer was out by the birdfeeder for quite a while. Usually when one is that close to the house, the least movement that it sees in the house will send it scurrying, but yesterday it hung around for quite a while. I did not want to open the deck door to get a good photo, because I was sure that would frighten it off, but I took this one through the dining room window. What looks like a wire fence is the window screen.

We had a bit more snow today, not much but enough to need clearing. Supposed to get down to 8 below again tonight and a high of only 6 above tomorrow.

On a more solemn note, the woman who works with me on the Bookmobile is in the hospital. She had a stroke or a series of small strokes and last Thursday was taken to the emergency room and then taken by Medivac to Madison. We had all noticed a series of problems in the last month or so, and it is a relief to know that she is now getting the attention she needs. I talked to her on the phone this morning after I heard, and she sounds much better than when I talked to her last Thursday morning. She will be in the hospital for at least four or five more days. It is not clear if she will be able to go home after that or if she will have to go somewhere for further rehab. The most noticeable effect of the stroke(s) was slurred speech, but they are doing a more comprehensive cognitive evaluation. She has had serious short term memory problems ever since I met her, due in part to surgery some years ago to remove a brain tumor. I commend her and her family to your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

She will remain in my thoughts.

Sunny said...

Prayers for her and her family. xxx